Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Student
Download: Available in your account immediately after purchase.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac
The leading choice for running Windows applications on your Mac without rebooting.
Please read the following important notice:
- Parallels Desktop software is provided as a digital download only. The license key for this product will be issued within 1 week
- Only students who can prove their current academic status can purchase Parallels Desktop for Mac
Please Note: You can install your Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac license on 1 Mac only but you are allowed to purchase multiple licenses in case that you have more Macs.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac - Student Edition
Run Windows programmes and even Windows desktop settings from your Mac effortlessly with Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac. If you do not want to go through the hassle of rebooting your machine every time you run the Windows operating system and Mac programs side by side, Parallels is the solution. It is the fastest, most seamless, and intuitive way to do it. Students can use it to run their day-to-day Windows productivity applications with ease.
If you love the look and feel of Mac OS, make Windows invisible while still using its applications. And if you are a beginner in Mac, keep the familiar Windows background and Start menu on your Mac. Either way, run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side with no compromises in performance.
Software4Students has teamed up with Parallels to bring students like you this special offer and to help you save even more when acquiring the software you love. Remember that when it comes to the best Mac software deals around, it can only be Software4Students. Get more for less!
- Have the Mac you want and still use the Windows programs you need.
- Windows programs can be launched right from the Mac Dock.
- Copy & paste and drag & drop files and data between Windows and Mac applications.
- Use all your Windows-based programs on your Mac, even graphically intense apps.
Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Features
What's New in Parallels Desktop 8?
This version of Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac (build 8.0.18100) includes the following new features and enhancements:
OS X Mountain Lion Compatibility
- Run OS X Mountain Lion in a virtual machine.
- Create an OS X Mountain Lion virtual machine using the recovery partition.
- Parallels Desktop notifications are displayed in the Mountain Lion Notification Center.
- Mountain Lion Dictation support.
Windows 8 support
- Use Windows 8 in Coherence mode.
- Metro applications correctly use the full screen when Windows 8 is in Coherence mode, just as they would on a PC.
- Metro applications are scaled on Mac computers with lower resolution so you can use them comfortably.
- Windows 8 toast notifications are displayed as Mountain Lion notifications. Click the notification to launch the corresponding application.
- A new Presentation mode lets you connect an external display and start showing a presentation from a guest OS application with just one click.
- Full Screen view mode now lets you see the host and guest OSs at the same time when using two or more displays.
- View detailed information about how much disk space is taken by virtual machines, snapshots, and other Parallels Desktop files, with one-click ability to free up disk space.
- When in window mode, the mouse pointer sticks to the virtual machine windows' edges to make it easy to access things like the Start menu in Windows 8, the taskbar (if hidden) in Windows XP, and the menu bar in OS X.
- In Coherence mode, the Mac keyboard menu bar icon indicates the Mac and Windows input language.
- Caps Lock and Input Language indicators make it easier to enter your passwords in Parallels Desktop.
- Merging the Windows Recycle Bin and the OS X Trash lets you empty just one to delete files from both. And if you Restore or Put Back a file from one, it is removed from the other.
- Easily check your virtual machine CPU and memory consumption.
- In Mission Control, all windows are grouped by application.
- Support for recent list for virtual machines in Mission Control.
- When you connect a USB drive, it appears in the guest OS as a USB drive instead of a shared folder.
- When shared, the Mac hard disk appears in the guest OS as a hard disk instead of a shared folder.
- Install Parallels Desktop more easily than ever before by simply double-clicking the Install icon. Parallels Desktop does the rest.
- Right-click the window of a shut down, suspended, or paused virtual machine for a menu that lets you find the virtual machine in the Finder, open configuration settings, and more.
- Easily distinguish your virtual machines in the Finder by icons that look like those of their guest OSs.
- Press and hold down the Option (Alt) key to display additional options in the Parallels menu in Crystal view mode.
- Switch your virtual machines to Coherence or Full Screen view mode with one click using the buttons in the title bar of the virtual machine window.
- New, more intuitive design to create or customize keyboard shortcuts for your virtual machines.
- Create your own keyboard shortcuts in OS X System Preferences to work with Parallels Desktop.
- Drag a file to a guest OS email application icon in the Dock to create a new message in that application with the file attached.
- Easily save and send files created in Windows Microsoft Office applications using your OS X email application.
- Drag and drop files between Windows virtual machines.
- Drag and drop files between Linux virtual machines and your Mac.
- Open the current Safari page in Internet Explorer with one click.
- Copy and paste text and images between the guest and host versions of OS X.
- Use OS X as a guest operating system in Coherence mode.
- Use OS X keyboard shortcuts to work with OS X virtual machines.
- Easily download and install Android from within Parallels Desktop.
- Send files to Bluetooth devices from Windows virtual machines.
- When a USB mouse is connected directly to Windows, the mouse pointer now consistently moves smoothly and is always visible.
- Protect Windows using either Norton Internet Security or Kaspersky Security for Windows.
- Protect your Mac using Kaspersky Security for OS X.
- If you have a Mac with a Retina Display, Windows is optimized for a clearer, sharper interface.
- Significantly less free disk space required to remove or merge snapshots.
- Improved mouse pointer behavior in games.
- Improved Input/Output (I/O) performance.
- Improved 3D graphics performance.
Note: 3D graphics acceleration is not available in virtual machines running on Mac
computers equipped with an Intel GMA 950 or ATI X1600/X1900 video card.
- A Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor.
- At least 2 GB of RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
Note: Your Mac must have enough memory to use Mac OS X and its applications plus
the memory required for each additional operating system (and its programs) that you
want to use simultaneously.
- At least 700 MB of space available on the boot volume (the volume that has Mac OS X)
for Parallels Desktop installation.
- 15 GB of available disk space for Windows.
- An Internet connection for select features and software updates.
- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later, OS X Lion 10.7.4 or later, or Mac OS X Snow
Leopard 10.6.8 or later.
- One of the following:
- A Windows installation disc, or other installation media for the operating
systems you want to use alongside Mac OS X.
- An Internet connection to download and install one of the several operating
systems available from within Parallels Desktop, such as the Windows 8 Release
Preview, Google Chrome, and Ubuntu.