Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium OEM
This is an OEM product and it does not come with technical support
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Information
OEM software is intended for use by system builders and small OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers). Please note that end-user technical support will be provided by the system builder and not the manufacturer or reseller.
This software may be installed and used in the following ways:
If you are a system builder:
- The software must be preinstalled on the hard drive of the fully assembled computer system, using the OEM pre-installation tools. Each individual software license may only be distributed with a fully assembled computer system.
- You are responsible for providing end user support.
If you are installing this software on a PC for personal use:
- The Microsoft OEM System Builder License and the license terms in the product do not apply to you. Please read the full terms in the Terms and Conditions tab before purchase.
- Customer support from Microsoft is not included for this product.
The software in the package may only be used:
- As the operating system on a PC you build for personal use OR
- As an additional operating system running in either local or virtual machine or in a seperate partition
- This will not work on a Mac machine
The software in the package may not be used:
- As an upgrade license to an existing underlying Windows operating system
- To legalise from a non-genuine Windows operating system
- On any Mac machine
Product Description - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium w/SP1 licence and media
Operating System - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1
Licence Type - Licence and media
Licence Qty - 1 PC
Licence Pricing - OEM
Language(s) - English
Media - DVD-ROM
Licensing Details - 32-bit
Windows 7 Home Premium makes it easy to create a home network and share all of your favorite photos, videos, and music. And you can watch shows for free when and where you want with Internet TV on Windows Media Center. Get the best entertainment experience with Windows 7 Home Premium.
SP1 is a combined service pack for both operating systems encapsulated in a single installer. Based on business value, customers all over the world continue to deploy Windows 7. With the availability of SP1, there really is no better time for customers to migrate.
Scan all your open windows with live taskbar previews. Find a file, connect to a network, or use Snap to arrange a couple windows side by side.
Make it yours with personalization and be ready to go with fast sleep and resume. Use more of your older programs with Windows XP mode. Protect your data and be more secure with less effort.
* Please note due to licencing restrictions, products purchased from software4students will not activate outside the United Kingdom.
** Image is for display purposes only, OEM versions do not come in retail packing
*** Please note that changing hardware will result in a loss of license. Licenses are non-transferrable
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Overview
Easiest Windows to use ever
- Simplify your PC with new navigation features like Aero Shake, Jump Lists, and Snap.
- Customize Windows to look and feel the way you like by changing themes and taskbar programs.
- Setting up a home network and connecting to printers and devices is easier than ever.
- Windows 7 Home Premium supports the latest hardware and software.
- Designed to make your PC sleep and resume quicker.
- Takes full advantage of 64-bit PC hardware and memory.
- Connecting to wireless networks is fast and easy.
Best PC entertainment experience
- Watch, pause, rewind, and record TV with Windows Media Center.
- Blu-ray read/write support for data files.
- Includes integrated video and Dolby audio codecs.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium OEM Features
Manage lots of open programs, documents, and browser windows easily with thumbnail and full-screen previews of open windows.
Open files and get around your PC faster with the improved taskbar. You can easily pin programs you use often to the taskbar and launch them in just one click.
Open files you use regularly in just two clicks with Jump Lists on the improved taskbar and Start menu.
Windows 7 has simple new ways to manage open windows. For example, with Snap you can arrange two windows side-by-side just by dragging them to opposite sides of your screen.
Peek and Shake
Windows 7 lets you peek behind open windows to get a quick look at your desktop.
Instantly locate and open virtually any file on your PC, from documents to emails to songs, right from the Start menu, with Windows Search.
With Windows 7, setting up wireless connections is easier with consistent, one-click connections to available networks, whether those networks are based on Wi-Fi, mobile broadband, dial-up, or corporate VPN.
Connect Windows 7 PCs on a home network in just four clicks and easily get to the photos, music, and files on each one--even share printers--with HomeGroup.
Easy to browse the web
Internet Explorer 8
Visual search helps you quickly find the information you want by adding visual cues and previews to search results from top search providers including Live Search, Wikipedia, Yahoo, Amazon, and others.
Internet Explorer 8
Use Web slices to conveniently keep up with changes on frequently updated websites, like eBay auctions or traffic sites, directly from the IE8 toolbar.
Easy to communicate and share
Windows Live Photo Gallery
Windows Live Photo Gallery makes share your photos to your favorite photo site easy.
Windows Live Mail
Windows Live Mail makes managing multiple email accounts easy.
Windows Live Family Safety
Keep your child safe by managing what sites they can visit and who they can send/receive emails and im communications from.
Note: Windows Live components need to be downloaded separately.
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium OEM System Requirements
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
Additional requirements to use certain features:
- Internet access (fees may apply)
- Depending on resolution, video playback may require additional memory and advanced graphics hardware
- For some Windows Media Center functionality a TV tuner and additional hardware may be required
- Windows Touch and Tablet PCs require specific hardware
- HomeGroup requires a network and PCs running Windows 7
- DVD/CD authoring requires a compatible optical drive
- Music and sound require audio output
Product functionality and graphics may vary based on your system configuration. Some features may require advanced or additional hardware.